We are looking for an experienced Java Software engineer who is geared towards the backend to join our modern and agile organisation.
Ezypay is a multi-award winning FinTech company established in 1996, specialising in the provision of subscription and recurring direct debit payments.
With offices in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia, Ezypay has processed over $3 billion worth of subscription payments in 10 countries across the Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand and South Korea) and we’re continually expanding.
Over the last few years, we have put significant effort into our next generation cloud subscription billing platform. This is our core strategic focus and we continue to actively develop and grow this platform.
As an Engineer at Ezypay, you directly contribute to building Australia’s leading recurring payments and subscription billing API. The product supports definition of payment plans and collection using multiple payment methods.
- Produce technical specifications and technical documentation as required.
- Plan, develop, implement and test software programs that are easy to maintain, modular, well documented, and resource efficient under supervision by a Senior or Lead Engineer.
- Perform operational procedures, including ongoing maintenance, on runtime systems, both manual and automated, in accordance with company standards.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
Our Technical Environment
Here’s a high level view of how we work:
- Our next generation payments platform has been developed using Java/Spring Boot micro-service architecture.
- Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS; using a mixture of Fargate containerization and Ec2 servers.
- Our systems are secure and highly available – we have implemented passive and active monitoring and incident escalation using a combination of Datadog, CloudWatch Logs and Metrics, Postman, and Pagerduty
- We use CentOS and Aws Linux as our base operating system and perform CIS hardening on our environment. Our infrastructure is immutable and managed using IaC principles via Terraform
- We leverage build automation using CircleCI, and we’re working toward continuous deployment across all environments
Company Culture & Benefits
- Flexible working arrangements and work life balance
- Onsite parking
- Friday Breakfast
- Day off on your Birthday
- Medical and dental plan
- A fun team environment
- A great place to work, bright and modern office space
- Engagement with the office in Sydney: weekly stand-up staff meeting, quarterly launch lunches and themed events, bi-annual leadership workshop
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant information technology industry experience.
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals, specifically data structures and algorithms.
- Good working experience with Java, or a similar third generation programming language.
- Good understanding of internetworking concepts and protocols
- Working knowledge of a modern software development lifecycle management methodology, such as SCRUM
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
How to Apply
If you tick off the above criteria, don’t wait, apply now!
To be considered for the position please click 'Apply Now' and upload a current resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
This could be the start of your rewarding career with Ezypay.
In Response to Covid-19:
All interviews are currently being held virtually. If you are invited to attend an interview, our Human Resources team will guide you through our interview process.