Do you love working in a fast paced, vibrant, and energetic environment?
An exciting opportunity exists at Ezypay for an experienced and enthusiastic Engineer.
Ezypay is a multi-award winning FinTech company established in 1996, specialising in the provision of subscription and recurring direct debit payments.
With offices in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia, Ezypay has processed over $3 billion worth of subscription payments in 9 countries across the Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand) and we’re continually expanding.
Over the last few years, we have put significant effort into our next generation cloud subscription billing platform. This is a core strategic focus and we continue to actively develop and grow this platform.
About the Role
As a Senior Engineer at Ezypay, you directly contribute to building Australia’s leading recurring payments and subscription billing API. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and innovative Senior Engineer to drive us in achieving our growth targets and to ensure our product is optimised for our customers’ needs.
- You are a core member of the billing API team and maintain our best-in-class product, a Java based micro-services architecture that is fully cloud hosted on AWS.
- As a Senior Engineer, you will work closely with other Senior Engineering members and the Engineering Leadership team to plan, develop, implement and test software programs that are easy to maintain, modular, well documented, and resource efficient.
- Work with all team members to regularly assess, investigate and remediate technical defects within the Ezypay platform.
- Perform operational procedures, including ongoing maintenance, on runtime systems, both manual and automated, in accordance with company standards.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement to the product and delivery process.
Our Technical Environment
Here’s a high level view of how we work:
- Our next generation payments platform has been developed using Java/Spring Boot micro-service architecture.
- Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS; using a mixture of Fargate containerization and EC2 servers.
- Our systems are secure and highly available – we have implemented passive and active monitoring and incident escalation using a combination of Datadog, CloudWatch Logs and Metrics, Postman, and Pagerduty
- We use CentOS and Aws Linux as our base operating system and perform CIS hardening on our environment. Our infrastructure is immutable and managed using IaC principles via Terraform
- We leverage build automation using CircleCI, and we’re working toward continuous deployment across all environments
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant information technology industry experience.
- 4+ years Experience in a similar role, FinTech or Payment
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals, specifically data structures and algorithms.
- Good working experience with Java, or a similar third generation programming language.
- Good working experience with SQL (Oracle, MS-SQL, Postgres etc)
- Good understanding of internetworking concepts and protocols.
- Working knowledge of a modern software development lifecycle management methodology, such as SCRUM
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
The Perky Side of our Benefits
- Generous salary package
- Gym subsidies
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working arrangements (including work from home and remote)
- Delicious office snacks
- Guidance and mentoring from leaders within the business
- Dynamic, positive work environment
- Fantastic team culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, don’t wait, it’s easy to apply online.
To be considered for the position please click 'Apply Now' and upload a current resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
This could be the start of your rewarding career with Ezypay.
In Response to Covid-19:
All interviews are currently being held virtually. If you are invited to attend an interview, our team will guide you through the process.